Widely disseminating the charm and potential of Manga
from Kitakyushu in order to spread manga culture throughout Japan and abroad.
- ●General Division
●Junior Division (Age 12 or under *As of April 1, 2020)
*Professional and amateur
- General Division : Free (Create your manga under your favorite theme)
Junior Division : Seed（Expand your imagination and create your own work from this word!）
- Four-panel manga
- Original, unpublished work of your own
* Works posted in noncommercial media, including coterie magazines,
SNS sites, and image posting sites, are considered unpublished works.
There are no limits on how old your work is, but your most recent
creation is preferred.
- Application period
- From Saturday, June 1, 2019, to 2:00 PM (Japan Standard Time) on Monday, September 2, 2019.
＜Manga artist/Honorary Director of the Kitakyushu Manga Museum＞
The City of Kitakyushu has a history that produced many manga artists. The Kitakyushu Manga Museum opened in the City of Kitakyushu with the mission of transmitting the passion of current manga artists to future generations and inspiring young people to hold ambitions and follow them.
We look forward to receiving great works from everyone who feels pleasure in creation and has passion.
- Tochi Ueyama＜Manga artist＞
- Mutsumi Hagiiwa＜Manga artist＞
- Editorial Department at Kodansha’s Weekly Morning